San Francisco, CA
415 271 0212
Liz Terbolizard began sewing professionally
shortly after arriving in San Francisco in 1991. She
designed and constructed costumes, props and sets for local
theaters, produced custom clothing sold in Bay Area shops,
and dabbled in new technologies printing high-resolution
computer generated and holographic textiles.
With her work taking on various incarnations throughout the years, Liz
has acquired an abundance of creative and business experience. From her
first retail shop on Valencia in 1992, to her Noe Valley children’s
boutique… to her current brick & mortar storefront in Occidental California where her focus is on prototypes and sewing for your home.
My business provides custom sewing for interiors, soft goods prototyping, product development and consulting for clients ranging from individuals with personal needs to companies with professional projects.
Interior services encompass drapery, pillows, shades, bedding, slipcovers, and table linens. Projects range from small bench cushions for a neighboring pianist to geometric block cushions created for the San Francisco Children’s Creativity Museum’s play area. More intricate projects include pattern-matching top down roman shades, for which I also craft the hardware, to designing and constructing a cover for a large metal structure which was used by The Mill coffee shop.
For prototype design and development, I offer an initial 15 minute consult to get a sense of if I can assist and the client and I are compatible regarding desired outcome. Discussion involves idea, intent, and finally ideal goal. If choosing to go forward, I assess what immediate time investment it would take to get to a stage at which we could meet again to determine if on the right track and if worth pursuing. I work from drawings, mock ups or patterns, depending on what stage of development the client is at.
- American Eagle
- Press Restaurant
- Tarlow Design
- Sky Dreamer Travel Pillow
- Grey Advertising
- Norton Utilities
- Public Bikes
- Billion Jelly Bloom
- Oraya Therapeutics
- Stanford Birthing Center
- Out of Sight Diabetes Case
- Ripple Effects
- Shower Buddy USA
- Jadoo Power Systems
- Snibbe Interactive
- Pixel Pieces
- Raising a lovely child.
- Sustaining a business for 26 years.
- Maintaining happiness and quality of life.
DESIGNER • PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT • PRODUCTION
Multifaceted Industry Professional skilled in taking ideas and products from concept through production. Passionate, creative, insightful, extremely organized, detail oriented and self-motivated with the ability to multi task efficiently and adhere to a production calendar.
Strengths and accomplishments in:
Interior/Home Sewing • Costuming • Product Development • Patternmaking • Costing & Pricing • Fabric & Trim Sourcing • Project Management • Small Run Manufacturing • Quality Control • Utilizing Local Resources • Budget Administration • New Business Development.
- Professional Seamstress for 26 years.
- Extensive experience with Eastman cutting tools, Walking foot, 5-thread, Single needle & Cover-stitch machines.
- Detailed knowledge of garment construction and pattern development from design inception to production, including prototype, pattern making and garment construction.
- Sourcing fabric, trim & contractors; Costing products; negotiating production; communicating with contractors & monitoring quality.
- Scheduling & implementing sample and mass production.
- Develop inventory, ticketing and labeling systems; forecast requirements.
- Textile design and fabrication.
- Generate technical design book; Maintain spec sheets and sample library.
- Possess excellent organizational written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficient, Macintosh based. Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, html, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Pro.
DESIGN / 2006 - present
INTERIOR DESIGN & CLIENT COMMISSIONS / COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL
- Light Upholstery
FREELANCE DESIGNER • SEAMSTRESS Present
Specializing in Children's Apparel, Costuming and Decorative Environments.
Services offered include custom design & sewing, individual or group commissions.
Product development from pattern generation to sales and distribution.
CONSULTANT • PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT • MARKETING SPECIALIST / 2004 - 2008
PILLOW TALK, INC.
Product development for launch of Pillow Talk, a division of Womanifest, Inc.
Currently developing sales and marketing for upcoming trade shows. Oversee all manufacturing.
- Pattern Design and Sample Sewing.
- Managed sample production and source development.
- Reduced production costs by 20%.
- Merchandising for product placement.
- Designed web site architecture and hand coded html.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE • TEACHER 2005 - 2006
SAN FRANCISCO SCHOOL OF THE ARTS, THEATER TECH DEPARTMENT - SOTA
Sewing & Design- Introduction to sewing basics: Use of equipment, understanding pattern creation, sewing terms, construction methods, tool use. Discussion of fabric types and appropriate uses. Sourcing and costing.
DESIGNER 2006 - 2016
CALLIOPE DANCE STUDIO
Custom Costumes for seasonal dance performances.
PARTNER & DESIGNER / 2003 - Present
TINY TYRANTS, INC.
Tiny Tyrants is a wholesale infant gift line created for the Generation X.
Tiny Tyrants is carried by 50 stores nation wide with such notable shops as the SF MOMA, Henri Bendels of 5th Avenue, NY and Academy of Sciences; SF.
- Developed gift product & packaging.
- Conceptualized graphics and store merchandising.
- Drafted patterns.
- Sample sewing.
- Coordinated & Directed PR & Marketing photo shoot.
- Developed & Implemented labeling and pack & fold guidelines.
- Oversee manufacturing and distribution.
OWNER & DESIGNER / 1997 - 2005
LIT'L LIZARDS, INC.
Lit'l Lizards children's apparel was carried by Bay Area boutiques and developed a dedicated customer following.
LIT'L LIZARDS RETAIL ENVIRONMENT / 2001 to 2004
- Managed all aspects of business from daily operations, purchasing, display & merchandising, advertising & PR to bookkeeping & payroll.
- Designed & built store interior including fixtures, accessories and furnishings.
- Designed, drafted patterns, created samples and oversaw merchandise production of the Lit'l Lizards brand.
- Managed a staff of three employees and four independent contractors.
- Lit'l Lizards received recognition as one of the most innovative businesses of 2003 by the SF Business Commission and Mayor W. Brown.
- Hosted over 45 local artists and designers gaining popularity as a unique place to shop for kids in San Francisco.
- Lit'l Lizards Clothing has been in Martha Stewart Baby, routinely photographed for Parents Magazine and various local publications.
LIT'L LIZARDS ONLINE / 2004-2005
Designed, developed and maintained online retail website. Designed and created product line.
- Site architecture.
- Hand coded html - site build and maintenance.
- Photographed products and prepared files for the web.
- Order fulfillment.
- SF Bay Guardian profile.
PARTNER & DESIGNER / 1994 - 1999
A multi-media company, South of Market during the on set of the Dot Com boom.
- Post Masters Gallery, Soho, New York - Development, creation and implementation of textile sets for "TerboWave" the first documented VJDJ set involving the use of two laptops online with live mixing from over 100 web pages.
- Burning Man- Organizer of original "Rave camp" coined the Techno Ghetto Created textile environments for attendees.
- Neoteric96 Festival, Ashikaga, Japan - Clothing designer flown in to participate in a fashion and music extravaganza highlighted on NHK, Japanese National Television. Over two thousand attended.
- Michael Narada Walden Japan Tour - Apparel design and development for tour.
- Pixar, Product development for launch of Desi Arnez TV series in partnership with Nickelodeon.
- Post Tool
- Dimension 7
- George Coates Theater - Costume and Set design
Shag. Custom Clothing
- First to introduce and manufacture high-resolution graphic transfer onto textiles.
- Created custom garments for select clientele.
- Shag. Clothing was carried in select boutiques in LA, NY, SF, England and Japan.
- Children's Business Weekly, a Fairchild Publication - Highlighted Tiny Tyrants 2004
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Noe Valley Voice
- San Francisco Daily
- Martha Stewart Baby
- Parents Magazine
- Family Fun Magazine
- San Francisco Bay Guardian
- Nominated for San Francisco Small Business Commission's 2003 Shop Outside the Box campaign. Recognized as on of San Francisco's most innovative and unique entrepreneurs.
- San Francisco School of the Arts - Theater Tech, Sewing & Design, ongoing.
- Private Instruction ongoing.
- Learning Annex, ongoing - How to Start a T-shirt business.
- Children's Day School, 2005 - Sewing class.
- New Traditions Elementary, 2002 - Alternative Arts Program Kindergarten.
- Little Bear Pre-school, 2001 - Arts Program.